Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
2020 SPECIALTY AWARD CRITERIA & SCORE SHEETS
SPECIALTY AWARD OBJECTIVE
To recognize NAE4-HA members for significant accomplishments in 4-H programming through a variety of strategies.
- All active and life members are eligible to submit awards.
- Applicants must have been an active member the year prior to applying as well as the current year of application. If there are additional requirements of membership for the award, these requirements take precedence over this eligibility requirement.
- Membership status is determined using the NAE4-HA database as of January 31, 2020.
- Multi-State entries are to be submitted in the State and Region of the primary applicant. The primary applicant should come from the state with the most members on the team.
GENERAL APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- All submissions must use the online submissions process. All award applications must be submitted between 8:00 a.m. Eastern on January 15, 2020 8:00 a.m. Eastern on March 2, 2020. No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- A separate submission must be completed for each award in which a member is submitting.
- Entries must be produced/completed from January 1 to December 31, 2019.
- Previous national award winners may not enter the same class in consecutive years.
- Identical entries may not be submitted in more than one class.
- Rules and guidelines for each award will be strictly enforced.
- Team award applications may have up to 10 team members included on application (applicant and up to 9 team members). Applicants will not be able to add names of team members or information to their award application once it has been submitted.
- Unless specified in the specific awards information, Specialty awards will be judged at the State, Regional and National Level.
- All National awards will be presented at the NAE4-HA Conference. Regional awards will be presented at the appropriate regional event during the NAE4-HA Conference.
- Specialty awards may be individual or team submissions. All awards submitted in a category will be judged together. There are no separate awards for individuals and teams.
- For team applications, at least one member of the team must be an NAE4-HA member and meet the eligibility requirements to apply.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Below are requirements for submitting Specialty awards. Specific criteria for each award is included in this document. Some awards may not require all of these same things, and the specific awards criteria will take precedence over the general entry specifications.
- Each entry must include an abstract of 150 words or less.
- A narrative addressing the award criteria is required. Narratives are limited to three (3) pages or less.
- The abstract and narrative may be uploaded in Word or PDF format. Documents should be 8.5 X 11 inch layout with one-inch margins, single-spaced, and 12 point font.
- Awards requiring support materials are limited to 3 pages. DO NOT upload 3 pages of links to other documents or resources. Examples of support materials might be a promotional/marketing flyer, an impact statement, a news release, or photos.
- Some awards may require additional documentation such as letters of support. Please review each award description and score sheet for additional requirements.
- Awards that do not have required documentation will be disqualified.
- We recognize the changing tools needed by 4-H professionals to be successful. Entries that incorporate newer technology tools like podcasts, blogs, video, etc. are encouraged.
- 4-H Military Partnership Award (State winners advance to National Level)
- Beyond Youth Leadership Award
- Citizenship in 4-H Youth Development Award
- Denise Miller National 4-H Innovator Award (State winners advance to National Level)
- Diversity & Inclusion: Expanding the 4-H Audience Award
- Educational Technology Award
- Excellence in 4-H Club Support Award
- Excellence in 4-H Volunteerism Award
- Excellence in After-School Programming Award
- Excellence in Ag Literacy Award
- Excellence in Animal Science Award
- Excellence in Camping Award
- Excellence in Communication and Expressive Arts Award
- Excellence in Geospatial Programming Award
- Excellence in Global Citizenship Programming Award
- Excellence in Healthy Living Programming Award
- Excellence in Natural Resources/Environmental Education Award
- Excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Award
- Excellence in Teamwork Award
- Excellence in Urban Programming Award
- Excellence in Workforce Development Programming Award
- Greg Yost Memorial Youth in Leadership Award
- Life Member Award (State winners advance to National Level)
- Search for Excellence in Teen programming Award
- Susan Barkman Research and Evaluation Award (State winners advance to National Level)