Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
2019 SPECIALTY AWARD CRITERIA & SCORE SHEETS
SPECIALTY AWARD OBJECTIVE
To recognize NAE4-HA members for significant accomplishments in 4-H programming through a variety of strategies.
· All active and life members are eligible to submit awards.
· Applicants must have been an active member the year prior to applying as well as the current year of application. If there are additional requirements of membership for the award, these requirements take precedence over this eligibility requirement.
· Membership status is determined using the NAE4-HA database as of January 31, 2019.
· Multi-State entries are to be submitted in the State and Region of the primary applicant. The primary applicant should come from the state with the most members on the team.
GENERAL APPLICATION PROCEDURES
· All submissions must use the online submissions process. All award applications must be submitted by 8:00 a.m. Eastern on March 2, 2019. No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
· A separate submission must be completed for each award in which a member is submitting.
· Entries must be produced/completed from January 1 to December 31, 2018.
· Previous national award winners may not enter the same class in consecutive years.
· Identical entries may not be submitted in more than one class.
· Rules and guidelines for each award will be strictly enforced.
· Team award applications may have up to 10 team members included on application (applicant and up to 9 team members). Applicants will not be able to add names of team members or information to their award application once it has been submitted.
· Unless specified in the specific awards information, Specialty awards will be judged at the State, Regional and National Level.
· All National awards will be presented at the NAE4-HA Conference. Regional awards will be presented at the appropriate regional event during the NAE4-HA Conference.
· Specialty awards may be individual or team submissions. All awards submitted in a category will be judged together. There are no separate awards for individuals and teams.
· For team applications, at least one member of the team must be an NAE4-HA member and meet the eligibility requirements to apply. Team awards are limited to 10 members (applicant and up to 9 other individuals).
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Below are requirements for submitting Specialty awards. Specific criteria for each award is included in this document. Some awards may not require all of these same things, and the specific awards criteria will take precedence over the general entry specifications.
1. Each entry must include an abstract of 150 words or less.
2. A narrative addressing the award criteria is required. Refer to the specific award criteria and score sheet for specifics to include. Narratives are limited to three (3) pages or less.
3. The abstract and narrative may be uploaded in any file format or typed/copied into a text box. If a file is uploaded, create the document using 8.5 X 11 inch layout with one-inch margins, single-spaced, and 12 point font.
4. Some awards may require additional documentation such as letters of support, samples of support materials, news clippings, etc. Awards that do not have required documentation will be disqualified.
5. We recognize the changing tools needed by 4-H professional to be successful. Entries that incorporate newer technology tools like podcasts, blogs, video, etc. are encouraged.
SPECIALTY AWARD CATEGORIES
1. 4-H Military Partnership Award (State winners advance to National Level)
2. Beyond Youth Leadership Award
3. Citizenship in 4-H Youth Development Award
4. Denise Miller National 4-H Innovator Award (State winners advance to National Level)
5. Diversity & Inclusion: Expanding the 4-H Audience Award
6. Educational Technology Award
7. Excellence in 4-H Club Support Award
8. Excellence in 4-H Volunteerism Award
9. Excellence in Ag Literacy Award
10. Excellence in After-School Programming Award
11. Excellence in Animal Science Award
12. Excellence in Camping Award
13. Excellence in Communication and Expressive Arts Award
14. Excellence in Geospatial Programming Award
15. Excellence in Global Citizenship Programming Award
16. Excellence in Healthy Living Programming Award
17. Excellence in Natural Resources/Environmental Education Award
18. Excellence in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Award
19. Excellence in Teamwork Award
20. Excellence in Urban Programming Award
21. Excellence in Workforce Development Programming Award
22. Greg Yost Memorial Youth in Leadership Award
23. Life Member Award (State winners advance to National Level)
24. Search for Excellence in Teen programming Award
25. Susan Barkman Research and Evaluation Award (State winners advance to National Level)