Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
2019 COMMUNICATOR AWARD CRITERIA
COMMUNICATOR AWARD OBJECTIVE
To recognize NAE4-HA members for significant accomplishments in presenting 4-H to the general public, civic groups, 4-H groups, or individuals through public information methods.
· All active and life members are eligible to submit awards.
· Applicants must have been an active member the year prior to applying as well as the current year of application. If there are additional requirements of membership for the award, these requirements take precedence over this eligibility requirement.
· Membership status is determined using the NAE4-HA database as of January 31, 2019
· Multi-State entries are to be submitted in the State and Region of the primary applicant. The primary applicant should come from the state with the most members on the team.
GENERAL APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1. All submissions must use the online submissions process. All award applications must be submitted by 8:00 a.m. Eastern on March 2, 2019. No late entries will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
· A separate submission must be completed for each award in which a member is submitting.
· Entries must be produced/completed from January 1 to December 31, 2018.
· Previous national award winners may not enter the same class in consecutive years.
· Identical entries may not be submitted in more than one class.
· Rules and guidelines for each award will be strictly enforced.
· Applicants will not be able to add names of team members or information to their award application once it has been submitted.
· Communicator awards will be judged at the State, Regional and National Level.
· All National awards will be presented at the NAE4-HA Conference. Regional awards will be presented at the appropriate regional event during the NAE4-HA Conference.
· For team awards, at least one member of the team must be an NAE4-HA member and meet the eligibility requirements to apply. Team awards are limited to 10 members (applicant and up to 9 other individuals).
· For those award categories that do not have separate individual and team divisons, both individuals and teams may apply.
COMMUNICATOR AWARD ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS
1. Each entry must include an abstract. The abstract should include the following information:
b. Target audience
c. Current population
d. Publisher's requirement
e. Methods used (if appropriate)
f. Production costs (if applicable)
g. Impact results (if known)
h. Information on the role the applicant had in the entry
i. Other information as needed
2. Abstracts may be uploaded in any file format or typed/copied into a text box. If a file is uploaded, create the document using an 8.5 x 11” layout with one-inch margins, single-spaced, 12 point font and a maximum length of three (3) pages.
3. Additional requirements of each award are outlined on each score sheet.
4. We recognize the changing tools needed by 4-H professionals to be successful. Entries that incorporate newer technology tools like podcasts, blogs, video, etc. are encouraged.
Communicator Awards are sponsored by Fair Publishing House.
· National winners will receive plaques
· Regional winners will receive certificates
· National winners for teams being honored will receive one plaque and all team members will receive certificates.
COMMUNICATOR AWARDS CLASSES
1. Educational Package (Individual and Team categories)
2. Educational Piece (Individual and Team categories)
4. Feature Story
5. Media Presentation
6. News Story
7. Periodical Publication (Individual and Team categories)
8. Personal Column
9. Promotional Package (Individual and Team categories)
10. Promotional Piece (Individual and Team categories)
11. Published Photo
12. Radio Program
13. Video Program